Technologies / Coating / Plastic Film Coating Lines
Customized plastic coating lines to meet your needs
Plastic films are mostly used for packaging, protective films, stickers, seals, labels, and a wide range of other graphic applications. The most commonly used plastic films are Low density polyethylene (LDPE), Polypropylene (PP), Bioriented polypropylene (BOPP), or Polyester (PET).View Business CaseContact us for more information
If we consider other plastic materials such as Polyethylene (PE), Polyvinylchloride (PVC), and more recently, Polylactic acid (PLA) which is made from renewable sources, they have been used mostly for flexible packaging industry thanks to its specific features and benefits, including:
- Allowing the customer to see the product inside and to check the contents easily
- Specialized effects with full or partial visibility
- Glossy finishes that add interest to the package
- Moisture resistance
- Excellent coloring ability
- Good folding and die-cutting properties
Plastic Film Coating Line Processes
At ILAMCO, we have developed important engineering & process know-how in plastic film coating and manufacture customized lines adapted to specific requirements.
- Single or turret with flying splice at max. production speed.
- Shaftless (mostly used) or shafted
- Roll diameters up to 1600 mm
- Perfect winding accuracy according to material thickness / microns.
- Flying splicing systems for automatic turret unwinders and rewinder.
- Programmable tensions adapted to specific materials & web path
- Embossing with customized patterns
- Perforation: mechanical or laser
- Vacuum rollers or belts
- Primer on one or both sides of the web
- Corona treatment
- Specific Tension control in multiple points of the web path (with tension handling elements such as dancer rolls or additional nips for tension isolation of line sections).
- Multiple coating materials depending on desired properties:
- Different kind of adhesives including for example: hot melt, PBA or any other thermoplastic adhesive as a tie layer…
- Primers for lamination and printing
- Coating widths of a few millimeters up to 2200mm
- Coating weights of 0.1 g/m² to 100 g/m²
- Coating media with a wide range of viscosities and different solvents: Water based / Solvent based / Solid 100% (hotmelt)
- Coating speeds of 0.1 m/min? to 400 m/min?
- Pre or self-metered coating methods
- Coating systems:
- Mayer bar
- Roll over Roll
- Kiss coating
- Direct gravure
- Offset roll
- Slot Die
- Comma bar
- … others variations
- Flotation dryers (also called air suspension)
- Non-contact and sinusoidal web guiding
- Special nozzles design ensure efficient energy transfer from both sides
- Roller dryer
- Driven or not driven guide rollers
- Laminar air flow
- High speed air nozzles
- Water or solvent based coatings
- Independent and sectorized regulation for air speed, temperature and recirculation in each drying hood and section to optimize drying performance and energy consumption.
- IR / UVI hood systems
Do you want more information on Plastic Film Coating Lines?
We are able to understand your company and industry requirements and adapt our solutions to help your business innovate in process or product to achieve differential strategic advantages.Contact us