Cardboard laminating line for paper and carbord multilayer packaging applications. The goal of the project is Material cost and performance optimization by combining different layers and structures.
Main key steps of the project
- NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement) between the client and ILAMCO to ensure confidentiality of the exchanged information.
- Customized solution definition according to specific customer requirements in terms of line flexibility (materials and applications).
- Detailed design of the line.
- Engineering Project validation.
- Production process with periodical meetings with the client in order to follow up the construction process, discuss any technical issues and validate a perfect alignment of the Project with the client’s objectives.
- Assembly and commissioning.
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) in ILAMCO facilities.
- Disassembly and expedition.
- Assembly, start up and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) in client’s facilities.
- Production Ramp-up follow-up & Operational practices improvement.
- Sustainable long-lasting partner relationship in order to ensure the good fulfilment of the objectives of the Project.
Technological solution scope
- NON-STOP splicing DUPLEX unwinder for large diameter cardboard reels.
- Cardboard web treatment units: dust aspiration, corona treatment, tension control units.
- Secondary Shaft-less unwinder for film or paper reels
- Water-based adhesive application coating head with Doctor blade system and Kiss coating
- Calender and nip roll for production of laminates.
- High efficiency drying tunnel (natural gas).
Key Technology Achievements
- Integration of the lamination process with cutting and stacking sheets “in line”.
- High processing speed and high automation level due to the “non-stop” board unwinding and stacking-unloading piles of sheets in “Non-Stop” mode.
Business added value
- Combining laminating and sheeting process in line is giving high competitive production cost.
- Production of low cost recycled cardboard structures laminated with printed film allows improve competitiveness and entering new markets.