Coil and foil aluminium coating lines
We handle and process aluminium foil and perform coil coating for aluminium from very few microns (6 microns) to semi rigid (up to 500 microns). Besides coating, our lines can be equipped with other in-line processes such as embossing, printing, perforation, etc.
Coil and foil aluminium coating line processes
At ILAMCO, we have developed important engineering and process know-how in aluminium foil and coil lacquering and coating. In addition, we manufacture customized coating lines adapted to specific requirements.
- Embossing with customized patterns: steel/steel rollers, steel/paper or rubber for foil aluminium applications.
- Vacuum rollers or belts.
- Primer on one or both sides of the web.
- Corona treatment:
- Pre-treatment on coil coating: degreasing, cleaning and drying before primer application.
- Specific tension control in multiple points of the web path (with tension handling elements such as dancer rolls or additional nips for tension isolation of line sections).
- Single or turret with flying splice at max. production speed for foil aluminium.
- Shaftless (mostly used) or shafted.
- Roll diameters up to 1600 mm.
- Roll weights up to 6000 kgs.
- Perfect winding accuracy according to material thickness/grammature.
- Splicing systems:
- Flying splicing systems for automatic turret unwinders and rewinders processing aluminium foil.
- Cutting and splicing: staple / strip join / welding (in coil coating).
- High programmable tensions
- Vertical under tension accumulators for non-stop process in coil coating lines.
- Multiple coating materials depending on desired properties:
- On foil aluminium: adhesives for lamination or other isolation or surface treatment.
- On coil aluminium: from primers or lacquers to polyesters, Silicone Modified Polyesters (SMP), Fluorocarbons (PVDF) and Plastisol (PVC), etc.
- Coating widths of a few millimeters up to 2200mm.
- Coating weights of 0.5 g/m² to 100 g/m².
- Coating media with a wide range of viscosities and different solvents:
- Water based
- Solvent based
- Solid 100% (hotmelt).
- Coating speeds of 0.1 m/min up to 400mts/min.
- Pre or self-metered coating methods.
- Coating systems:
- Mayer bar.
- Roll over roll.
- Direct gravure.
- Offset roll.
- Slot die.
- Comma bar.
- Other variations.
- Dry laminating for foil aluminium and plastic film.
- Wet laminating for foil aluminium and paper.
- Special laminating materials for new fabrics or construction market (hotmelt, PVC…).
- Single and multiple layer laminations for construction with special materials such as wood, rock wool, special fabrics, plastics (PVC…).
- Flotation dryers (also called air suspension):
- Non-contact and sinusoidal web guiding.
- Special nozzles design ensure efficient energy transfer from both sides.
- Roller dryer:
- Driven or not driven guide rollers.
- Laminar air flow.
- High speed air nozzles.
- Water or solvent based coatings.
- Independent and sectorized regulation for air speed, temperature and recirculation in each drying hood and section to optimize drying performance and energy consumption.
- IR/UVI hood systems
Here you can find business cases related to this technology and materials. Take a look at our projects in aluminium foil coating and laminating line and wax and hot melt coating line.
Do you want more information on coil and foil aluminum coating lines?
We are able to understand your company and industry requirements and adapt our solutions to help your business innovate in process or product to achieve differential strategic advantages.Contact us