Special fabrics coating lines
In combination with other materials, or used alone, special fabrics such as non-woven textiles are used to create a wide range of products for many applications in consumer and industrial sectors with diverse properties (absorbency, liquid repellency, resilience, stretch, softness, strength, flame retardancy, washability, cushioning, filtering, bacterial barriers and sterility).View business caseContact us for more information
Special fabrics are used in a wide range of products for many applications in consumer and industrial sectors like construction and filtration, healthcare and surgical, engineering materials, etc.
Special fabrics coating line processes
At ILAMCO, we have developed important engineering and process know-how in special fabrics coating and manufacture customized coating lines adapted to specific requirements.
- Single or turret with flying splice at max. production speed.
- Shaftless (mostly used) or shafted.
- Roll diameters up to 1600 mm.
- Perfect winding accuracy according to material thickness/microns.
- Flying splicing systems for automatic turret unwinders and rewinder.
- Programmable tensions adapted to specific materials and web path.
- Embossing with customized patterns.
- Primer on one or both sides of the web.
- Corona treatment.
- Specific tension control in multiple points of the web path (with tension handling elements such as dancer rolls or additional nips for tension isolation of line sections).
- Multiple coating materials depending on desired properties:
- Resins and adhesives (hotmelt, permanent tack, water based, solvent based…).
- Hydrophilic and hydrophobic water repellent.
- Binder stiffened.
- Fire/flame retardant.
- Coating widths of a few millimeters up to 2200mm.
- Coating weights of 0.5 g/m² to 100 g/m².
- Coating media with a wide range of viscosities and different solvents:
- Water based.
- Solvent based.
- Solid 100% (hotmelt).
- Coating speeds of 0.1 m/min up to 400 m/min.
- Pre or self-metered coating methods.
- Coating systems:
- Mayer bar.
- Roll over roll.
- Direct gravure.
- Offset roll.
- Slot Die.
- Comma bar.
- Others variations.
- Special laminating materials for new fabrics or construction market (hotmelt, PVC…).
- Single and multiple layer laminations for construction with special materials such as wood, rock wool, special fabrics, plastics (PVC…).
- Please visit our Special Fabrics Lamination section.
- Flotation dryers (also called air suspension)
- Non-contact and sinusoidal web guiding.
- Special nozzles design ensure efficient energy transfer from both sides.
- Roller dryer
- Driven or not driven guide rollers.
- Laminar air flow.
- High speed air nozzles.
- Water or solvent based coatings.
- Independent and sectorized regulation for air speed, temperature and recirculation in each drying hood and section to optimize drying performance and energy consumption.
- IR/UVI hood systems
Here you can find business cases related to this technology and materials.
Do you want more information on special fabrics coating lines?
We are able to understand your company and industry requirements and adapt our solutions to help your business innovate in process or product to achieve differential strategic advantages.Contact us