Plastic laminating lines
Plastic laminating lines for multiple applications: films and multilayer material, also known as complex, is a combination of two or more layers including films (PE, LDPE, PET, BOPP,…) with different properties, aluminium foils, papers (pre-siliconized paper,..), board and solid boards or any other special material and fabrics (non-woven, spun bond…).View Business CaseContact us for more information
These multilayer structures can be obtained by different processes. Depending on the types of polymeric, the required performance properties of the complex, the application and the cost and manufacturing efficiencies, a process will be determined.
For example, a process to obtain multilayer complex films is rolling or adhesive lamination technology to combine substrates of different nature (e.g. thermoplastic films with paper or aluminum foil).
Adhesive laminates can be made by dry bonding, wet bonding, UV/EB curing and by hot melt adhesion/coating processes.
Besides laminating, our lines can be equipped with other coating process or in-line processes such as embossing, printing, perforation, etc.
Plastic Film Laminating Lines Processes
At ILAMCO, we have developed important engineering and process know-how in plastic film lamination and manufacture customized lines adapted to specific requirements.
- Single or turret with flying splice at max. production speed.
- Shaftless (mostly used) or shafted.
- Roll diameters up to 1600 mm.
- Perfect winding accuracy according to material thickness.
- Flying splicing systems for automatic turret unwinders and rewinder.
- Programmable tensions adapted to specific materials and web path.
- Embossing with customized patterns:
- Steel/steel rollers.
- Rubber for foil aluminium applications.
- Vacuum rollers or belts.
- Primer on one or both sides of the web.
- Corona treatment.
- Specific tension control in multiple points of the web path (with tension handling elements such as dancer rolls or additional nips for tension isolation of line sections).
- Multiple coating materials depending on desired properties:
- Different kind of adhesives including for example: hot melt, PBA or any other thermoplastic adhesive as a tie layer…
- Primers for lamination and printing.
- Coating widths of a few millimeters up to 2200mm.
- Coating weights of 0.5 g/m² to 50 g/m².
- Coating media with a wide range of viscosities and different solvents:
- Water based.
- Solvent based.
- Solid 100% (hotmelt).
- Coating speeds of 0.1 m/min to 400 m/min.
- Pre or self-metered coating methods.
- Coating systems:
- Mayer bar.
- Roll over roll.
- Kiss coating.
- Direct gravure.
- Offset roll.
- Slot die.
- Comma bar.
- Others variations
- Wet or dry laminating.
- Single and multiple layer laminations for many applications (packaging, construction…).
- Flotation dryers (also called air suspension):
- Non-contact and sinusoidal web guiding.
- Special nozzles design ensure efficient energy transfer from both sides.
- Roller dryer:
- Driven or not driven guide rollers.
- Laminar air flow.
- High speed air nozzles.
- Water or solvent based coatings.
- Independent and sectorized regulation for air speed, temperature and recirculation in each drying hood and section to optimize drying performance and energy consumption.
- IR/UVI hood systems.
- High gloss motorized and temperature regulated calanders.
- Pressure and adjustable gap system to ensure perfect result and material differential handling depending on thickness, substrates and contact angles.
Here you can find business cases related to this technology and materials.
Do you want more information on plastic film laminating lines?
We are able to understand your company and industry requirements and adapt our solutions to help your business innovate in process or product to achieve differential strategic advantages.Contact us