Design and construction of a special coating and laminating line for insect traps production. The line integrates the following processes: printing, hot-melt coating at spot register, lamination, die-cutting, stacking and boxing processes. All the finishing process was integrated and automated.
Main key steps of the project
- NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement) between the client and ILAMCO to ensure confidentiality of the exchanged information.
- Customized solution definition according to specific customer requirements in terms of line flexibility (materials and applications).
- Detailed design of the line.
- Engineering Project validation.
- Production process with periodical meetings with the client in order to follow up the construction process, discuss any technical issues and validate a perfect alignment of the Project with the client’s objectives.
- Assembly and commissioning.
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) in ILAMCO facilities.
- Disassembly and expedition.
- Assembly, start up and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) in client’s facilities.
- Production Ramp-up follow-up & Operational practices improvement.
- Sustainable long-lasting partner relationship in order to ensure the good fulfilment of the objectives of the Project.
Technological solution scope
Complete line to produce different shapes of printed cardboard sheets with spot register Hot-melt coating and paper (or film) laminating. The main processes of the line are:
- Unwinding of the primary web.
- 4 Flexo stack printing units.
- Die Cut / Pre-cutting shape 1.
- Spot register Hot-melt coating.
- Unwinding of the secondary web.
- Die Cut /Cutting shape 2
- Collecting and stacking
Key Technology Achievements
- Multiple processes in-line.
- High precision printing and register Hot melt application.
- Easy changeovers and adaptation to different formats and measures.
Business added value
- Wide range of shapes and measures produced in the same line allows approaching new products and markets.
- High productivity thanks to the integration of all the processes in-line necessary for these products.