Multi-process film and paper coating & laminating line for paper, pastic film and special fabrics. Production of a wide variety of products and substrates and coatings for different applications and markets (medical, atomatove, aerospacial, etc.).
Main key steps of the project
- NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement) between the client and ILAMCO to ensure confidentiality of the exchanged information.
- Customized solution definition according to specific customer requirements in terms of line flexibility (materials and applications).
- Detailed design of the line.
- Engineering Project validation.
- Production process with periodical meetings with the client in order to follow up the construction process, discuss any technical issues and validate a perfect alignment of the Project with the client’s objectives.
- Assembly and commissioning.
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) in ILAMCO facilities.
- Disassembly and expedition.
- Assembly, start up and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) in client’s facilities.
- Production Ramp-up follow-up & Operational practices improvement.
- Sustainable long-lasting partner relationship in order to ensure the good fulfilment of the objectives of the Project.
Technological solution scope
Multi-process coating, printing and laminating line composed by the following elements:
- 3 Automatic NON-STOP turret type unwinders.
- 6 central drum servo positioned flexo printing units.
- Roll to roll coating head for solvent base high viscosity adhesive application.
- “Direct gravure” and “Kiss coating” + “mayer bar” application coating head for low viscosity solvent base adhesive.
- Drying section with driven rolls arched (6 modules x3 mtrs) powered by natural gas direct burner.
- Cooling system by chill rolls calenders.
- Cleaning and web treatment equipment.
- 2 Laminating units with controlled gap-pressure system.
- 2 Automatic NON-STOP turret type rewinders.
Key Technology Achievements
- Non-stop production line thanks to automatic unwinds and rewinds.
- Coating heads and laminating systems to produce multiple laminates structures.
- Multi-process line to produce laminates products in one step process.
- High quality web tension control to run low density (soft) raw materials in a multiple steps process with a large web path.
Business added value
- High flexibility of the line to produce a high variety of final products for different applications.
- High added value laminates production with an optimized production cost thanks to one step process layout.